Mai Thai Wellness Spa review.

Last week PoseZA was invited to an escape to Paradise in The Heart of Cape Town at the Mai Thai wellness spa in Green Point. Been to quite a few Spa's in my lifetime, its always amazing to find one that takes you on a journey you have never been before. As I got out of the cab, I could see why it has been a jewel for Cape Town as it is a bit hidden but nonetheless when you enter the amazing wooden work door, you are transported to Thailand there and then. The interior is as authentic as Thailand, giving you a beach hotel Spa with an aroma of the sea and an eastern passage using Vuudh's Eastern collection, a very personal experience of travels and recollections of fragrances from each city and giving you an exquisite and exotic touch to enrich your lifestyle.

You are then giving a tour to the garden space where you'll relax after your treatments which is beyond words especially when the sun sets and you have candle lights flouting around the main tree.

I was given the option to choose which massage and facial therapy I wanted and which oils to use. I opted for the Mai Thai Signature Massage were East meets West with stretching and palming techniques to uplift and revive. It also helps with jetlag, poor circulation, burnout (which is what I was experiencing with the high season for bloggers right now) and fatigue and I chose from their 100% natural and organic products including oils from Thailand from the award winning spa range by HARNN, the refreshing citrus oil. It's a 90 minutes massage of pure pleasure.
I also chose from their QMS Medicosmetics skincare - Ageless Solutions the Collagen rejuvenation facial which also takes 90 minutes.

After the three hours session I wanted to stay there for the rest of my life. The staff was so amazing and very much informed of what they were doing and giving you all the information as they proceeded with the therapy.

Eventually I had to leave the room as they had other clients and went to the after therapy chill area were I was served Harnn organic green tea Tichaa which is also from Thailand.

As I read their philosophy ' Embracing Eastern wisdom passed down from generations to generations and perfected over thousands of years, HARNN is proud of its heritage. Each formulation is inspired by Asian holistic approach to wellbeing and utilises the finest natural active ingredients to help restore the natural balance of body and mind, to reveal the natural beauty in you' I could not argue at all as that was what exactly happened to me.

This is one experience that you need to live for yourself, you can find them on the following information:

18 Dixon Street, De Waterkant, Cape Town.
T: 021 418 0713
C: 071 611 1886
E: info@maithaiwellness.com

Monday-Friday 8:00-19:00
Saturday 8:00-15:00

You can let find them on face Facebook and Instagram using their name.



Comments

Anonymous said…
What a beautifully written review. It makes me want to go to that spa immediately! Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Press Release: Sissy Boy A/W 2104 Campaign

Joelle Kayembe scoops Most stylish model : SA Style Awards 2014